Friday, September 14, 2007

Jalan jalan cari makan ;-)

This was so cool. I went to check out this place in PJ for my sister’s graduation lunch/dinner, so I was actually in a rush, so just went in, said hi, and started discussing the menu. And while going thru the menu, I was like “so is this spicy” etc, and suddenly she comes up with this brilliant line “would you like to try some” and I’m like “no, its ok, I’m in a rush”, and she goes like “no, just try a bit”, so I say “well, ok but just a bit”.

So then she goes to the table where all the food is and starts with the claypot briyani, with some chicken (really nice), a bowl of dhal, some raita, and some acar (also really nice). So then I started eating and also talking abt her dishes and what kind of mutton dishes she had, and then she brought me 2 other mutton dishes. It was sooooooo cool. I felt like some jalan-jalan cari makan person ;-)

Then after that, I was looking at the whole menu / budget and how abt dessert and she suggested her chendol which is apparently a house specialty cos the santan is totally fresh and the gula melaka comes from Melaka (I mean, where else does gula melaka come from?). and she was like “why don’t you try it”, and I’m like no, no I really cant, and she insisted, and I said “well, ok but just very little”

And she got the chendol maker to make me a FREAKING HUGE BOWL. And it was DAMN NICE wei.. but I couldn’t finish it, the portion was damn huge.

But the thing is it was sooo cool. I realy felt like the host of jalan jalan cari makan, like trying out everything and being a food critic like that guy in ratatouille.

Man, that cartoon was soooo cute. And it was interesting what the food critic said at the end. It was something like “our job is so easy, all we do is criticize people who have put a lot of hard work into something, and we hold the power to destroy it”.

Oh well, I’m off to have tea and enjoy the wkend.
Actually wanted to blog about the purpose of life but that will be another one la..
Cheers ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home