Friday, August 10, 2007

Whirring in Motion

I don’t know what I’m thinking.. its so “bercelaru” like everything is going around and I can extract a few thoughts out of it and its all in flashes.. wonder why. Now I know why you need a pensieve ;-)

Like I’m updating the systems at the moment, and at the same time listening to George Michael and Elton John’s live version of Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me, and at the same time as everything is whirring in motion, I’m also thinking about how GM and EL and gay and am also smiling at the way GM introduces EL in the middle of the song and the crowd screams.. that’s why live music is sometimes great, cos it kinda takes you to the place where it’s all happening. You feel the exhilaration of the crowd, you see the cheering and the candles waving in the air, and its all happening in your mind’s eye. The way we connect something to another totally unrelated incident is amazing..

Like I used to listen to Yanni’s Live At The Acropolis when I was much younger, and now when I listen to it again after a few years’ hiatus, it all comes back. The power of a great song. Or when I listen to stuff tht was being played when I was in my room bc in varsity, and the view from the window comes bc into my mind..

And while I’m feeling nostalgic, I might as well say tht I’m feeling a leeeeetle left out cos everyone from my batch is applying for expat postings. Those tht aren’t are those who failed and I seriously think tht I’m the only one in the world who passed and yet cant apply. Shit la.. (ya ya I know shit happens and life’s unfair, but doesn’t make it any easier!)

And while I’m grouching I might as well bring up a point – why do we have employees in an organization when if someone wants to get something done, they refer directly to the managers. Oh, to do the crappy work, got it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home