Friday, January 05, 2007

That Bloody A**H***

Ok, I have to talk abt this – this bloody guy comes on a bike and rams right into me although I have my left signal on. Lucky thing I saw him and instead of turning fully I stopped and he STILL rammed into me.. Aarrggghhhh.. I mean, don’t drive if you’re bloody blind damn it. So beloved gorgeous is a bit scratched and dented and this a**h*** also causes his left mirror to be bent backwards.. Sighhh.. Bet you his secondhand value is probably scrap metal or something..
So since that’s gotten off my chest.. its been so long.. where do I start??

Well, it was December (its now January and as I said its been a long time so I’ve got to catch up right?) and everyone is taking leave la, clearing leave la, and there I am stuck in the office working my ass of.. figure of speech ;-) I have NO MORE LEAVE clear, even friends from diff companies were clearing leave!!

Oh but before I forget, I have to try and stop grouching. Went for this teambuilding session in Guoman, was damn nice. Very relaxed, good activities, great food, the biggest swimming pool in PD (did 15 laps at 6.30 in the morning ;-)

And learnt that positive thinking means “stop grouching and make the best of what life hands out to you”.. but this is all good in theory. As always – but we should never stop trying I guess.
Had an argument with my dad the other day, not really argument la, but he was grumbling that he had to wait for me cos I was talking to my friend and another car came and since it was a narrow lane, he had to move the car a few times. I’m like “so what?” nobody died becos he moved his car right.. so lets keep things in perspective. Cos we might feel irritated over something someone did but that person probably doesn’t even realize it and is walking down the road happily humming a tune, while our heart rate and blood pressure goes up.. oh well..

Yeah so back to my teambuilding – there was this facilitator who was blind and THAT was absolutely awesome. Here we are, 2 legs 2 eyes, perfectly capable of everything, not dong anything with them, and there HE is with both eyesight gone and he’s standing there motivating US. Yeah, should be the other way round but it was a good impact he left cos when you are an able person looking at someone who’s disable and able to do so much more, it leaves you almost dazzled.

And this guy was actually giving presentations using ppt slides and reading whatever was on the slides using Braille. Amazing. Like he was talking and reading and presenting at the same time.. And I told him so. And he says I can send him emails if I have anything to ask and say and I asked him if someone actually printed out his emails and translated them to Braille or something and he said that he used some voice over technology where the software just converts written material to voice. I mean, I know it exists but becos you’re living in the “able-bodied” world, you don’t tend to think of this.. well, itw as just amazing ;-)

Was shopping for a gift the other day and I asked some sales girl for the cosmetic jewelry department and she looked confused. When I repeated myself, she said “oh, cosmetics is over there and jewelry is on the other side”.. hilarious ;-) I mean, don’t people recognize cosmetic jewelry anymore? What do they call it then? Silverware? Cant cos some are gold plated ;-)

Oh and found a worm in my cereal the other day, thought at first that it was some sliced almond that just got soggy in the milk or something but on further inspection, turned out that it had 2 black spots at one end ;-) but its protein anyway ;-) and no, i didnt eat it..

Nothing else so i'll just sign off, wish everyone a good weekend and a happy new year and go hit the sack. Or the bath. Hmmmmmmm..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home