Monday, March 26, 2007

I got TAXED!!!

Its official! So what do i do? well its not like this place is full of life anyway. cant wait to get back to KL. or to expat, whichever comes first!

so since i have no life, took some drastic measures and almost executed them, but stopped in time ;-)

and oh, i got TAXED today. went to the duty free zone and bought chocs and the customs stops me and and i say tht i've never been taxed for chocs before! and he shows me the price tag (like i cant read) which says "duty not paid". well, duh, i KNOW you dumb ass, but why be so bloody inconsistent?

and get this - its the best part. tax rate is 30% and my chocs were for 110 bucks so the tax should be 33 right? wrong! he told me that i just needed to pay 10 bucks! so i thought was duit kopi lah kan, so i take out a red note from my wallet and was abt to give it to him when he writes me a kind of receipt and asks me to go to the cashier in the building. i mean, this is getting weirder and weirder by the day! either you tax or you dont or at least you hv a certain bracket so that people get the idea how much you need to pay!

but here - NO, one day you buy chocs and you're free to go, the next day you buy chocs and you get taxed. then the tax is 30% but you dont hv to pay that much, i mean - WHAT THE HELL IS GOIN ON?

i need to migrate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home