Thursday, September 07, 2006

My ICU experience

My dad's cousin was in the ICU a few days back, and i went to see him and that was my first ICU experience ever. I mean, usually, people are already dead and how often do you get to visit them in the ICU instead of in a coffin? I'm not being insensitive but seriously..

Anyways, it was the high dependency ward and it was quite interesting to see all the machines and whatnot.. for a wild moment, i almost wanted to be a doctor myself.. not the kind that GPs are - they just milk you for your bucks, but the real kind in the ER where life matters.. or another take on that would be a vet which has been my childhood ambition for like EVER.. but just too malas to study anymore.. wait til i hit midlife crisis or something ler, then i'll go back to school.. hehehe..

oh, and my dad was talking to the doctor in charge at the moment, and she was really good with words - one phrase that struck me was when she said "so we know that he's not compatible with life anymore", as opposed to "he's better off dead".. very interesting phrase..

anyways - to the happier things in life.. got training for 3 days, so thats cool. TGIF's mudslide is as good as ever, but it needs more Baileys. just arranged my vessel tour and i hope it comes back with a positive reply. an apple a day keeps the doctor away (i hope). started a really good book - The Life of Pi - abt animals and zookeeping, good fiction and it won a booker prize or something. 5th sept was almost normal apart from the fact that i had to keep deleting messages from my phone to make way for more. got Fish Tales from Maersk, so will start on that after The Life of Pi.
sooooooo....

tres, i'm SURE you can get someone to pay for your ticket to London, its just a weekend, know what i mean *wink wink* ;-) love you too ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home