Saturday, September 16, 2006

My new toy (and others)

first up: tres, when you coming back? thought it was supposed to be in sept right? neways, hv fun (since you're due back soon).. luv ya ;-)

so, stuff thats been happening in the last 2 weeks (not in any order of importance, just in order of my memory ;-)

1. Vessel tour approved to HKG.. yaaayyy.. rcvd an email from the master of columbine saying i was welcome on board. sailing from TPP-SIN-YAT-HKG. wanted to go around china but turns out my friend who was going to show me around is being rotated to another position so i wouldnt be able to meet her.. need a plan b and a plan c la.. also need to get stuff for the crew and thats another headache.. fun to shop la, but with so little time??

but a lot of prep needs to be done before i get on board - need to email the master and ask if there are rubber boots in my size as well as a helmet and an extra boiler suit. also need to think abt what gift to get the captain and the crew.. thought of a kris in pewter but thats too common.. Lyn suggested a wooden crafted doll or something - like the ones you get in east Mal. and def need to get a bottle of SOMETHING. and prob a few dvds as well. and prob some ps2 games. and a lot of junk food from Mal as well as some rempah for the cook - know what i mean? and some small souveniers like bookmarks or keychains or postcards for the rest of the crew..
turns out the ship even has a swimming pool - thats like having a pool in the middle of the ocean - a bit ironic dont you think? oh well..

will need to visit the office in HKG probably. hmmm.. oh shit, totally forgot abt my visa.. shit shit.. need 2 photos for that!

2. just realised that my timelines are really tight at the moment - vsl tour beginning of oct for abt 10 days, when i get back, my admission tests will be waiting for me and there are 5 subjects to cover - law, econs, investment, maritime tech and logistics.. (tres, will need your help for investment, so study harder k? eugene, will need your expertise for econs). after that, my vessel tour report is due. and i'm due in cph in 3 wks, AND to top it all off, my first day in CPH is my finals for Investment and Econs.. die ler.. and i havent even started studying yet.. die ler die ler..

3. speaking of cph, have a bad feeling that my annual dinner is gonna clash with my module.. darn..

4. got a new toy from my parents for my bday - a v3i.. damn nice. all the functions except 3g. but everything else. camera, flip, bluetooth, vidcam, mp3, memory card, etc.. even aeroplane mode! waaaaaayy nice.. but still havent read my manual yet.. like mr teoh always says "RYBM" ;-) (oh, thats short for read your bloody manual)

5. sent gorgeous to the clinic, came back looking like new that 2 people commented on it. one went like "how olds your car?" the other knew how old gorgeous is and he said "do you polish your car every week?" thks for the ride angela ;-)

6. my spain fund is dwindling, so might have to scrap that off my list ler.. thought of amsterdam instead - yeah, drugs are legal there.. hehehehe.. even found out that they have cannabis lollies and cakes laced with marijuana for teatime.. aint that cool or what?? but it'll be winter so would prob miss the tulips - oh well, was never one for flowers anyway.

better get down to all the stuff that needs to be done. cheers to a good sunday ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home