Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Sita’s wedding..

Well I didn’t go although I really really wanted to. But anyway, Aneta sent me a load of photos and the first thing that struck me was that all the ladies (read: aunties) milling around were all bustling and looking important and there were some tying her saree (like she couldn’t tie it herself!) and there were another 2 fixing her earrings and doing her hair and all la, well the whole works.

And I’m thinking to myself, in fact it was almost written on these aunties’ faces that they were trying to have some measure of control over someone else just because they didn’t have that at their wedding, and now since they are married and their lives have settled into a pattern, its like welcoming another person into the dreary “typicalmarriagekidscookingcleaning” lifestyle. I don’t know but this weird image about crabs trying to climb out of a wicker basket comes to mind, where when one starts climbing, all the rest pull him down.

Hmmmmmmmm…

Well, at the end of the day, its how happy you are and I wish her all the best and wish I had been there to see her on her big day..

So..

Well, haven’t been blogging so much now cos am trying to finish Harry Potter’s books quickly. And while I’m thinking abt this, I’m also thinking abt my final module in CPH and the fact tht I haven’t studied (I have 4 final papers), haven’t bought all the stuff for my team building (in the Danish wilderness, no less), in fact, haven’t done anything. Havent even started collecting past year papers at least. Shit, I’m in deep shit.

But I’m looking forward to AFTER the final module cos there’s an “afterparty” as thts where most of us will be last seeing each other. Can be pretty nostalgic.. and then I’m pn vacation for 2 wks – London in the summer (clarks, marks & spencers, the beach, chocolate trifle, les mis, etc), Belgium (chocs chocs and more chocs) and Amsterdam (tulips, windmills and drugs).. man, there’s something to look forward to. Cool ;-)

And everything’s gonna happen in a month, shit I’m screwed..

On another note, totally unrelated to the above, I was extremely disappointed. Cant say why tho, but it did drive home some points which I’ve been blind to for soooo long. Well, mayb not blind to, but more like in denial of. And an eye-opener is good.. But knowing me full well (I hope), I’m probably gonna go this cycle all over again..

P/S: Wild Hogs was very good and Jangan Pandang belakang was just ok as opposed to all the hype surrounding it..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home