Monday, October 29, 2007

Feminism vs Chivalry

Was just thinking about this the other day (not that the topic just popped into my genius mind, it was triggered by someone – but lets not get into that). So I ended up thinking.. hmmmmm.. And I thought. And thought. Well, you get the drift.

My conclusion was that chivalry and feminism don’t contradict each other. But I asked 2 other people about it – a guy and a girl. And they both agreed that feminism and chivalry DON’T contradict each other. But then I asked them to argue their case and when they started off, they were both pretty confident. Then I started playing the devil’s advocate ;-) Yeah, my best role ;-) And BOTH couldn’t defend themselves. Its surprising really.

But I seriously think that there is no reason for a feminist not to ask for chivalry. A feminist is basically someone who thinks of equal rights for women. But just cos she wants equal rights, doesn’t mean she doesn’t like being treated well, like a woman. And equal rights means that she also respects a man and treats him well. Its an interesting debate actually, I wish they’d bring this up in some major debate and broadcast it or something..

Well, wkend was great – filled with compliments that I was bloody floating on the moon.
Moon – hahaha, lost a bloody TGIF bet cos of that ;-(

Excerpts from my wkend:
* You look hot * I feel hot just standing beside you * You have really great moves * You smell great * Anyone would want you * Never ever kill the goose that lays the golden egg * - the best line was the last.. I just couldn’t stop laughing. Thks dude, miss you too ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home