Monday, August 25, 2008

Moving Barricades :-)

This is my first day at work after a 3 and a half mth hiatus. And boy do I have a story. Like an omen. Also bearing in mind that “moving barricades” is an oxymoron :-)

Anyways, to dive right in, I went to collect my offer letter on Friday, and there was this empty previously operating food court opposite the office, so I parked there just for a while. There were maybe 3 other cars at that point. Turns out I only left the office at 9pm and when I went to get my car, the entrance was barricaded and the exit was open, but there was a man there saying I had to pay 3 bucks before getting my car. So fine la - I mean, 3 bucks in the heart of KL. Willingly man :-)

So Monday, I drive and the same place is open again - both the entrance and the exit. And there is no car this time, and no one to pay, so I parked there again and went into the office. The next time I went to get my car was abt 7-ish in the evening and guess what? Both the entrance AND the exit have been barricaded.

There’s like long blocks of woods and palangs and flower pots and bricks and old cabinets and shoe racks etc. There’s about 4 cars there at this point and there’s no one to ask. Me n my friend, we thought that there would be a note on the windshield or something with a number, but NOPE.

So we decide that I need Gorgeous and we start moving all the palangs and the flower pots one by freaking one la. Then there’s a Chinese guy sitting in an Iswara and when he sees us moving all the stuff to take Gorgeous out, he comes along and helps as well. And he asks like, didn’t I pay when I came in and I said there was no one there. And when I am taking my car, there was no one there either.

Anyways, this guy helps us and I finally get to take my poor Gorgeous and go home. And tomorrow, I’m gonna find another parking spot. Sigh..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home