Wednesday, June 11, 2008

My First Spa ;-)

Well first up, about my holiday to pangkor which was just ok. The hotel was quite a disappointment – well it wasn’t that bad but your expectations are hyped when u go for a famous name like swiss garden. And snorkelling among fish is not that great when you’ve actually swam among sharks! But ok la.. I mean, cant really complain much when ur on holiday and very many other pour souls are stuck in the office! Next stop: Tioman or Redang.

Went for my first spa the other day courtesy of American Express  Apparently as long as u have an amex card and ur one of the first 100 or something, you get a free spa from rustic nirwana along jalan imbi. So yours truly called and went la.

But doing this kinda stuff actually feels great, cos it feels like ur covering an article for a place or an eatery and they give u a free spa or a meal etc cos they want u to write good things abt their establishment.. Like how i got a free dinner at the Asian Rice Pot cos i was checking out their menu to plan for an event!

But back to my spa. So i went there on an afternoon, and was shown in and given green tea etc and someone explained all the different types of spa they had – like with crystals, rose quartzs, chopsticks, and the rest. So then one of the staff ran the bath for me beforehand, showed me my room, and left me alone after saying she would be coming bc in 20 mins.

So i got in and it was REALLY nice. Like someone was giving u a massage in water while getting all your pressure points right. Plus some. I remember Jennifer saying that a spa was better than sex and oh man, i now know precisely what she was talking about!

The Jacuzzi kinda bath was gushing out jets of water at EXACTLY the right spots. It was so easy to just lull yourself to sleep, but i didn’t cos i wanted to enjoy the whole experience. But in like 10 mins, it was getting a bit too much. Like the initial euphoria fades and it gets a lil tiring. I’ve actually heard tht a 20 min spa is almost equal to a 2-hr exercise run or something.. dunno la whether true or not.

So anyways, after 20 mins the staff comes in and says i had to get out (gladly ;-) and after i showered, i could still feel sweat coming out of my pores. For like the next half an hour! It was like a really good workout, my whole body was aching and my legs felt like jelly. I really think tht going for a spa once a week actually eliminated the need to exercise totally.

Oh, and i would definitely recommend couple spas *wink wink* 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home