Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Uno Noche..

It means “one night” in Spanish. I think. And this night was none other than Friday the 18th. Well to cut a long story short cos I don’t feel like grouching about another’s inefficiencies (dealing with mine is enough), I rushed back from work, got on the bus in the freaking rain and made a trip back home. And I reached safely after 5 hours in the freaking rain with the driver driving like a freaking loony!!

When I was buying the ticket, I realized that this is the first time I’m buying a ticket for a long distance bus ride. Have never never ever done that in my life, I always prefer the train cos of the scenery. So I took the train back.. hahaha..

This morning was an experience in itself. Office politics. Well, almost. Interesting. But can do without it I guess. I was trying to arrange a charity drive for the floods and .. Alaaaaaaaa, lazy to talk about it la.

Well, basically I was organizing a charity drive for the floods in Johor and I was only organizing it for KL cos I thought that Joh was already trying having another drive, although not under MAC. I organized one last week, and everything went well – the whole works la – donations (cash and kind), transport, accommodation, volunteers. Of course I had help, would never have been able to do it otherwise. So for the previous week’s trip, all volunteers came back safely and apparently they had a great experience.

So after hearing that, Top gave us 30k extra for the flood victims and after thought and deliberation and help, decided on toiletries for 900 families. So arranged everything again la. Then sent an email to Top and Top ok’d it and sent an email out to the whole world lah kan. And the first thing I see is an email from a disgruntled person in Joh asking Top directly why Joh wasn’t involved, blah blah blah, blah blah blah.

So then Top says to send an email to me. When I reply saying Joh already has their own plans, they say its not under MAC. Well, duuuuuuhh, but does charity actually say you have to go under a certain umbrella just to do good? I DON’T THINK SOOOOO!!

So then a few emails go back and forth and back and forth until told that everything is arranged. Well I cant really explain in words. Just so tired and annoyed this morning. Lots of repercussions when things like this happen.

Exhausting. Like people will always want a piece of the pie when everything’s done. When all the crap is cleared. Shitty? Yes. Crappy? You bet.. will it happen again? But of course. Shit happens. All you have to do is take a stand and stick to it. Trying to.. ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home