Monday, February 25, 2008

Insulin Related Incidences (and on being agnostic)

Ok first up, to all you people who have been following my blog (and I personally know some of you ;-), I havent had the time to update my blog in absolutely ages. Something interesting happens and I think to myself, wow I need to put this down in my blog and its not that I forget but its just that I have more “pressing” things on my mind.. So yeah..

Well, about insulin related issues - I have this uncle who is diabetic and he injects his insulin himself. And well, I’m not really close to him. So the other day, well he went out with his brother the whole day and when he came back to the house, he suddenly comes up with this thought that he forgot his insulin and left it at another aunt’s house. And that aunt’s house happens to be like an hour away and he doesn’t know how to get there by himself! I mean, if your life depended on something, would you be likely to forget it?

So then he comes inside and straight away goes like, in a really panicky voice “I left my insulin at this aunt’s place, and can you follow me to direct me?” and guess what time this was? 11pm at night! I mean, if it was someone I like and someone I was comfortable with, I would hv done it straightaway. So at first I didn’t wanna bother, but deep down I knew I had no choice and that I was doing it for my aunt and cousin whom I both love (which reminds me - how funny it is that people from the same family can be SO different)! And when I asked him in the car “how can you forget something like this?” and he goes like “like you don’t forget anything”. so then I just shut up. I mean, lets just drop it la.

The best part? He didn’t even say a word of thanks. Oh well.. Sigh.. I suppose somehow you collect some points in that great mansion up in the sky :-)

Oh and by the way, I need to explain myself here - on religion. Everyone thinks I don’t believe in god. But I don’t think they know what I mean. cos every time I say something even remotely related to religion, the always go like “but you don’t believe in god”.

So yeah: I am an AGNOSTIC, not an atheist. There is a link I would put up here explaining WHY an agnostic but I cant rmbr. But you can google it. There is this guy who explains himself really well. Oh here it is - http://arts.cuhk.edu.hk/humftp/E-text/Russell/agnostic.htm

So an atheist is someone who does not believe in god; they think that man evolved from monkeys etc, and the original specimen came from the big bang (which I think is utter rubbish cos it just doesn’t make sense. I mean all this deign around us is definitely creation. But I’m not here to argue abt creation and evolution.

I’m here to explain myself as an agnostic. And this is someone who DOES believe in god but couldn’t care less about it. Yeah well there is someone up there (and believe me, he’s been looking out for me quite a few times now, for which I’m totally grateful). But I don’t wanna do anything abt it. Cos I think religion is very restrictive and you can be a good person with good values without being religious.

Religion is just a means of getting to god and more often than not, all the rules in religion are more to culture - they just make your life complicated. Take a Hindu wedding for instance - enuff said :-)

So if someone can just pray to god directly (I mean, he’s great - he’s the caretor, do u really think he wont hear you if you didn’t go through some religion?) why not just do that. Which wil then bring us to the age old argument of which is the true religion. GOD, I WILL NOT EVEN START..

And yes, to all of you who have been missing my blog, I plan to at least update you on my life a coupe of times a week.. Cheers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home