Saturday, May 10, 2008

A second series of unfortunate events

So lets start this morning! I get up. Early. ALtho its a Saturday. Cos i have a doctor’s appointment. And my doc is in Seremban. And i’m in KL. Moving on... :p

I get all my things out of the door so tht i can get them all into the car (like my old clothes and notebook etc) and lock the door and pull it shut. And THEN i realise that my bunch of keys (inc my door and my car) are locked in the room! I mean, this is the first time in ever. In this house la. Thats why when i was in uni, i made a copy and gave it to Lilian and Maykwan. And Tres as well i think. Cos i KNOW someday i was bound to do something like this. When it happened once in uni and i was in my bathrobe, i called maykwan who came over :-)

So this time i was alone. And i called my landlady and she’s in a meeting in sunway. So i could drive to get the spare room keys except for the fact that my car keys are locked in the room too! Great.. ABSOULTELY freaking FABULOUS.

So then i knock on my housemate’s door and he’s still asleep :P Kesian. He wakes up and i’m like “i’m so so sorry to wake you up” and he looks at all my stuff outside the door and he goes like “no probs, do u need someone to help u carry ur stuff to the car?” So sweet right? Then i go like “no no, i just locked myself out and i was wondering if you could pick the lock etc” and he was like “oh, can try la”.

So he starts with 2 small pins, moves on to 2 paper clips, and nothing works. I mean, they make it seem so easy on tv right? Then he goes like “if u hv ur laptop with u, try to google lock-picking”. Brainwave. Before that, i go around the kitchen etc looking for tools to lock pick la, and just cant find anything. Then he calls his friend and his friend asks him to try a credit card. So he’s like “do you hv a card?” and i give him my expired MCDs card. And he bends it a little and goes like “hmmm, this is just right”, then goes to my door, slides it in, and opens it in 5 seconds. JUST AMAZING. And he was like “keep that card, its just right – not too hard and not too soft”. I was so relieved! It was like my first (or second) lock picking experience. Not that i personally pick locks la. No sireeeee, not me! But i think lock-picking is a GREAT skill to have!

So then since i hv a docs appointment and i was already late, i rush la, did 140 all the way and reached nilai in abt half an hour. And all of a sudden, after the nilai cutoff where there’s a signboard saying seremban – 21 kms, and the jam starts. 4 lanes hv got cars, incl the emergency lane. And there i am stuck in this for 2+ hours. In fact i saw the time, it was 1128 and by the time i got to the source of the jam it was like 1310 thats like an hour and 40 mins for a normally 20 min drive. And all the time i was on the phone to my doc’s asking her if she wouldn’t mind waiting!

And the best part? The source was a trailer tht crashed into the railing on the left and the emergency lane plus 2 lanes were closed cos a crane was trying to lift it out. I mean, how hard can it be driving on a freeway when all u have are straight roads. No traffic lights, no weaving in and out, esp if ur only supposed to be on the left lane, and even THEN, u manage to mess up? And mess it up for everyone else as well! I mean, what if there was someone having a heart attack and got stuck in the jam or something? Mad la!

So then i go to the clinic, and dear doc needs to do a blood test and she pokes this humongous needle into my vein. Sheesh. Then when i come home, i whacked my sister cos she whacked my cat and my parents started shouting. Sheesh again. I mean, WHAT a Saturday! I think i’ll go have a shower now and maybe cool off a little!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home