Friday, May 30, 2008

There ARE nice people after all..

Well, I've stopped work. quit. retired. so the other day i slept for 14 hours - from 2am til 4pm+ - so obviously i didnt go out la kan. and it was a weekday. and since i was sleeping throughout, i totally forgot to put in some coins for parking. mind you, i've never put them coins in before cos i'm never around from 9-5, i'm WORKING rmbr? :p

so when i come out to get my car and go for dinner, i find a parking ticket for a 100 bucks. so i just take it and put it my glove compartment (everything tht goes into my glove compartment is usually forgotten about until i decide to clean my car some decades later - perfect place).

so the next day, since i had some errands, i thought i'd be getting out early. so i went down abt 10 (AM :p) and there wasnt a summons but an actual parking slip - the kind you get when u put in some coins in the meter and key in your car number and display the slip on ur dashboard? only that this time, the slip was on my bonnet being held together by a glass ashtray. and it had my car number on it.

so there i stand for a full 5 minutes trying to figure out who would be such a kind soul to do this. i mean, this world has gotten to a point where people just dont CARE abt one another anymore so WHO? well as i stand there contemplating this, suddenly this guy comes up (he looks a mix of indian bangladeshi pakistani nepalese - ahhh u know the kind) and he tries to tell me in broken malay "saya sakit hati mau tengok orang kena saman jadi saya letak syiling untuk kereta kamu". and he just took the glass ash tray back from me. and as i was thanking him profusely, i asked him how much i owe him, and he said 60 cents. so i gave him 2 bucks and he gave me back 1. apparently he works at the nearby car wash and didnt realised too late tht tht my car was being summoned yesterday so he was actually on the lookout.

so after thanking him abt 20 times, i get into my car and was about to drive off, when he comes running towards me and gives me back 40 cents. and i say no, its ok, just pay it forward (like do it to someone else) and he insists. so yeah.

was just thinking tht it would be so awesome if anyone who saw one of those darned enforcement officers to ask them to stop and say "look i've got some coins - dont summon tht guy"?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home