Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A black Monday and some IT idiots..

First, I get bc (!) at abt 1230 am, and thats where it all starts. A minute amount of sleep later (coupled with heat waves, lumpy pillows and hungry mosquitoes), i get up, wash my hair in cold water at 6.30am (the only time i remember doing that is at some damn camp i went to for some teambuilding and leadership course. Or something) and i’m driving to work in the bloody rain and jam at 7am. Pissed cos of the discomfort, it shows on my long face. GREAT. Ends.

Get into work with a black face (early) and the damn aircon doesn’t work. Try starting up my PC and windows doesn’t log in with some error msg crap. Call IT and THEY’RE not working at that hour and all they can do is lock the case and raise a service request (which will take ages then for them to actually come up and fix the damn problem). The only bright point is my nasi lemak (RM1.20 and its NICE). And my iced water and vitamin C.

Finally 9am arrives, and all of a sudden, my PC is ok. Then come all the others with complaints about their pcs – not windows but systems and applications issues! I spend the rest of my morning raising cases with IT and walking around to see if i can configure some myself. I mean, what is the point of paying IT when i’m doing their damn job?

Everytime i raise a case, they come down much later (i’ve now got their mobile numbers so its easier and even then they’re still slow), and it affects the dept’s performance. Yeah, find the root cause.

As i walk around, someone asks me why i look fucking pale (not in so many words), and someone else asks me to go put on some make up and lipstick. Another tells me to just go get some sleep. Bulls eye.

Didnt go out for lunch. Had some digestives with milo. Which reminds me, milo CANNOT survive without me, its been my staple drink (at least 3 times a day) from the time i’ve been weaned off milk.

Couple of bad escalations and irate customers later, i’m walking out the door – only to be greeted with a long sullen, silent drive to bangsar. Some crying and conversation (with my bestie) later, i’m debating whether to forget about being treated like a Avis-Rent-A-Car, or to go have a good meal. Both won – it was supposed to be McDs and 7-E for a Heineken, but McDs made me stuffed and i’ll keep Heineken for a Thursday. And when i was in McDs, my boss calls to tell me tht there was a cat fight in the office (i'm glad Gremlin is way above all this), and that he had to send one of those cats to a hospital. Anyways..

Came back, checked my email, and Herworld wants me to freelance for them as well. Which is cool. Slept at 1130 and woke up at 930am the next day – 10 hours of badly needed shut eye. With the fan, nice pillows, and mosquito netting. And the neighbours pond lilting a therapeutic melody throughout. I guess sometimes, life is about choices.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home