Friday, November 28, 2008

Drat this wretched weather!!

I hate it. Its been raining all week. I get up to a nice blue sky which slowly fades to gray by noon and by the time you know it, its pouring buckets of cats, dogs, monkeys and elephants. And the weather has a mysteriously funny way of affecting my mood - i dont feel like doing anything or going anywhere in this foul conditions.

The other day I was walking bc to the office after a late lunch (more like teatime) and I saw the sky darkening and I took an umbrella along. Sure enough, after I came out of the mall, it was bloody pouring. So I opened my umbrella and started walking.

And I couldnt help but notice how much this reminded me of rainy, cold London. Where everyone is walking with a brolly over their heads and looking unpleasantly moody. Its foul, this weather.

These past week has been rubbish in terms of sleep. I seem to get up at 7.30am every morning altho I dont need to. And I cant sleep again. I'm not even asking for a continuation of the dreams I had, just to let me have a dreamless sleep again, and I cant. And now my headache is acting up. Sigh.. There's these stupid birds as well, who think its their damn job to wake me up every morning even tho I dont pay them. Not crumbs not caterpillars. And yet they sit on the roof and screech like its all important.

I finally finished Elizabeth Gilbert's book and it was absolutely wonderful. Currently on Sidney Sheldon's Doomsday Conspiracy. A party and a wedding tmrw and another wedding and a wedding dinner on Sunday. I mean, do I even feel like getting out of the house in this weather?

Which gets me thinking - isnt the usual wedding time around May and June? And some spillovers in July? So why are there SO MANY weddings in November this time around. I mean, its the bloody monsoon season - doesnt ANYONE take that into consideration? Have a heart for all those guests who need to park 2 miles away and walk in the rain to the hotel in their 4-inch heels. We dont get the luxury of a driver and a Merc who stops right in front of the ballroom!

Finally got Gorgeous back today. Also watched Bolt in 3D. And its raining again now and I'm in a foul mood. I think i'll just go put myself to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home