Sunday, January 31, 2010

Monday Reds

... I am officially changing Monday blues to Monday reds!

Ok I know it is now Thursday but the reason I am putting it up today is that so all readers thinks that today is Monday for a while, and when they stick their head up out of my post, they'll realise its Thursday and closer to the wkend and well, yaaaayy :-)

Anyways...

Today was a typical red Monday. Period woes aside (which include cleaning the bathroom :p), and blood from my nostrils (cos I was blowing my nose too hard), my poor Gorgeous couldnt start!

I mean, I went all the way to work and it was fine. I parked and that was ok too. The whole dilemma starts when I wanna drive out for lunch. My car DOESNT START! Try punya-lah try sampai 4 or 5 times and it still remains stubborn.

So my colleague drives out for lunch and on the way back brings back one of them mechanics who brings along a new drycell battery (as usual assuming its the battery)! So he comes, tries to start the car, doesnt start, decides its the battery, and proceeds to change it.

Tries to start the car after that, and voila, dear Gorgeous still doesnt start. Tries again. Na-ah. Then after some testing and humming and ho-ing, he says he has to go back to the shop and bring his sifu. Sifu says could be the cam-sensor (been driving for years and never before heard that term in my life - crankshaft got la!)

Then he goes back, and comes back again with his assistant and a second hand cam sensor to see if that was what was causing the problem. True enough, that was it. Then he said I had to tow the car back to the workshop so he could work on it and the charges would be RM170 for the battery, RM90 for the sensor and RM40 for labour. I told him the battery wasnt at fault and he said too late. He said he could take it out and re-install my old batt but the charges would be RM30. I was like "for WHAT" - i didnt even USE it. And he said no one would use a new batt for testing, and I said well, you should hv tested it first before putting in a new batt and the bloody bastard refused to budge!

Anyways to cut a long story short, I agreed to install the new batt cos my old one was 2.5 yrs already and I called the towing service from my insurance to assist. THEY tell me that my car number is not included in my life policy and I hv to pay for it. I WILL give my insurance agent a earful when I get him on the phone (he hasnt been picking up)!

The mech then installed a second hand sensor and I drove back to the shop where a "one hour boleh siap" job became 2.5 hours. DAMN PISSED. They rip you off AND you have to wait! And I had to pay THEM. They should be paying me since I am giving them business.. hahahaha!

So yeah Monday was crappy! And I am RM300 poorer!

1 Comments:

Blogger dknypg83 said...

aww... never mind, u will earn them back... from the experience gained and also maybe, since everyone's writing about cars, u can try writing about car repair shops and them mechanics!! :P and earn big bucks!! lol... have fun!! cheers...

1:53 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home