Wednesday, February 10, 2010

"In an Open Relationship" Part 2

These past two weeks, the articles in Sunday's StarMag are all about open relationships. Apparently the argument is that people have a lot of love to give so why confine it to one partner and restrict yourself. The article also points out that sometimes its not all about sex!

Well, my point - if you claim to have so much love to give and its not all about sex, why not give love (emotions not organs) to the countless orphans around, arent they so much more in need of any scraps of love you might have? What about the old folks who have been abandoned? Or the animals in RSPCA who beg only for a pat and a kind word?

Personally I am the kind of person who thinks "do what you want as long as you dont get into my face or the face of my loved ones". So its fine by me. But dont try to justify yourself etc. An affair is an affair.

Yeah yeah in an open relationship, all parties know about each other blah blah blah so it cant be an affair. I dont get it la!

I think at the end of the day, man is selfish. What do I get in return? Sex? Good conversation? Expensive dinners?

Its a bit like the "marrying 4 law". You can marry four wives since the holy book says you have to take care of widows and orphans.

Argument 1: You can take care of widows and orphans without marrying them. (Oooohh, newsflash)

Argument 2: The rule was made during the post war period when there were lots of widows and orphans. We are not at war now.

Argument 3: Celebrities are quite often neither widows nor orphans.

Argument 4: Widows and orphans can be looked after by single men and not those already married and/or with kids.

So please, dont justify yourself. I am no self-righteous freak but I think some things are best left unchanged.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home