Saturday, March 13, 2010

On Entertaining...

I have had guests over 2 weeks in a row now. Not my guests, of course, I'm anti social. One occasion was when my dad invited 2 Japanese couples over for lunch last week. Well, my dad invited them over, but my mom cleaned the house and I had to give up my Saturday lay-in and help her peel potatoes, onions & garlic, cut and wash vegetables, make a salad (of which I will give you, my dear reader, the recipe later), and generally just spend my Saturday working.

Then my dad gives the house a once-over and sees the small coffee table laden with past issues of Cleo and HerWorld, and he goes like "Why are all these here? I'm putting them out for the old newspaper man." This despite those mags being there for the last couple of years. Yeah, go figure.

Anyways, I tell my dad to leave those alone, and when the guests come, I serve them soya bean, help out a little, rinse all the icecream bowls, and sit down to watch The Nanny when everyone else is having lunch. Fine. They bring come ice cream and biscuits and everything is cool. Except for the part where I had to wake up early to help!

Then, the following week, I'm at my aunt's place, and she is having guests over too. Well, technically my uncle called them over. Again, I had to wake up early and go to the shop to buy ginger. Then I had to sweep the house (and this house is HUGE), and rinse the plates and glasses. Then I became a kitchen apprentice for a while.

Then the guests arrive. We are expecting 2 ONLY and cooked accordingly, and 3 arrive instead, claiming they are expecting another 3. GREAT. Absolutelyfuckingfabulous.

And there's a 1 yr old kid in tow. So I malas nak layan. My aunt had to cook another pot of rice and make an omelette from 5 eggs! Then I served them all Ribena, and retired to the TV hall to read papers and watch TV.

Then, all the women adjourn to the TV hall with the kid. SHEESH. Why la the women cant sit with the men in the main hall? I dont get it la. So then I read continue reading and the kid crawls over and starts pulling my papers. So geram. Tak boleh jalan pun nak menyibuk. Terajang kang!

Ish.. malaslah. I'm gonna go back to TV now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home